- Abortion is only covered by certain health plans if the woman’s life is endangered or her health is severely compromised. AHCCCS does NOT provide coverage for medically necessary abortions.
- The cost of an abortion depends on how far along you are in the pregnancy.
- A first trimester abortion (up to 12 weeks post-fertilization) typically costs between $450 and $950.
- Second trimester abortions rise in cost every week to two weeks depending on the facility. An abortion at 20 weeks averages about $1,500.
- A woman must undergo an ultrasound at least 24 hours before obtaining an abortion; the provider must offer her the option to view the image.
- A woman must receive state-directed, in person counseling, and then wait 24 hours before the procedure is provided.
- The use of telemedicine to administer medication abortion is prohibited.
- Persons under the age of 18 seeking an abortion must either have the notarized written permission of one of their parents/legal guardians or permission from a Superior Court Judge.
Have more questions? Need to talk through your specific situation? That is why we are here. Click here to find a location in your area.
Planned Parenthood of Flagstaff