Medication Abortion/ Chemical Abortion/ Abortion Pill/ Mifeprex + Misoprostol (Information taken from manufacturer’s website.)
- FDA approved this option up to 70 days (10 weeks) since your last menstrual period began.
- Day 1:
- Mifeprex (1 tablet) will be given to you in the clinic, office or hospital.
- Taking this medication will block the action of progesterone, preventing continued healthy uterine-wall development or successful implantation of the embryo.
- Day 2:
- Take 4 Misoprostol tablets (prescription only) 24 to 48 hours after taking Mifeprex.
- Taking this medication will cause uterine contractions to expel the embryo/fetus.
- When the pregnancy is passed from the uterus, you will have bleeding and cramping that will likely be heavier than your usual period.
- About 2 to 7 out of 100 women taking Mifeprex will need a surgical procedure because the pregnancy did not completely pass from the uterus or to stop bleeding.
Have more questions? Need to talk through your specific situation? That is why we are here. Click here to find a location in your area.